Tuesday, September 21, 2010

1/4 of a CENTURY

I'm not one that likes to blog about her own birthdays but this one was definitely blog worthy. Despite the fact that I turned 25 this year (a 1/4 of a century old as everyone so nicely told me all day), it probably was one of the best birthdays I have ever had and I have my sweet husband to thank for that. We had the family come over to eat friday night and it was so much fun. We all sat around and visited, except for my dad who was out of town and my sister who lives in mesa, and then we ate yummy costa vida salad with ice cream cake for dessert.
My grandma, mom, and Bryan
My sweet little girl who is just so excited to be getting away with being on the table.
My older brother Brent and younger sister Jillian
My gift from my wonderful husband...a Brad Paisley concert for the next day in Phoenix! It was such an awesome gift and I have never been to a concert so I was pretty excited.

My sweet little neice Gracie.

Me and Bry at the Rainforest Cafe where we met his family to eat the next day. From here they took Olivia while we headed off to the concert. I love her to death but I was really looking forward to having an evening with my husband...baby free! They opened the gates at 4:00 and had several people who played before him on a little side stage. I didn't really recognize the names of the people until I heard their music. We got to hear Josh Thompson "Way Out Here", Easton Corbin "I'm a Little More Country Than That", and Steel Magnolia "Halo and Wings". They played for a couple of hours and then we were finally able to go to the main stage at 7:30 and we were entertained by Justin Moore "Small Town USA" and Darius Rucker who has a ton of good songs but his popular one right now is "It Won't Be Like This for Long". They all did so good and we totally felt like we got our money's worth before Brad even walked on the stage. He came on at about 9:00 and sang until about 11:00. Everyone went absolutely crazy the ENTIRE time he was on stage. I didn't know you could scream that loud...for that long. I didn't join in but I will admit that it was a freakin awesome concert!
As you can see Bryan got us some sweet seats. We were in the front of the second section and were pretty much centered with the stage but on the edge of the aisle...if that makes any sense. Anyway, we had great seats.
And there he is...in all his glory! He has such great music and he's pretty cute! I would probably hold his hand...I'm just sayin! I'm not really into the whole cowboy hat thing but he makes it look okay :).

Speaking of holding his hand...Brad decided to just take a walk during one of his songs and started walking down the aisle, where I happened to be sitting and he walked right next to me! Here he is as he is approaching (about 5 feet away).

And here he is about a foot away from me. I didn't hold his hand obviously but I did get a high five from him which was a thrill. It was crazy to see the crowd go nuts!



It was a fun and exciting weekend and one heck of a first concert to go to. We are definitely going to have to do it again...once we get our hearing back!

1 comment:

  1. WHAT WHAT!!!!! That NEVER happens to first time concert goers!! I am so jealous!! I love brad paisley and easton corbin!!! SO lucky!! I hope you held Brians hand becasue he deserves it!!! Happy Belated Birthday!! I did not know you were so young!! You just made me feel OLD!!

    ReplyDelete